9th International Symposium on Development Methodology
On November 9th and 10th, 2021, the 9th International Symposium on Development Methodology will take place, focusing on the field of vehicle and powertrain development. The event is organized by AVL Deutschland GmbH together with the Institute for Internal Combustion Engines and Powertrain Systems of the Technical University Darmstadt.
Due to Brexit, Corona, digitalization and new technologies the automotive industry environment has become uncertain and complex. Conventional methods are reaching their limits and the automotive industry must adapt to this new world. For this reason, we have chosen the subtitle “Methods in transformation – securing complex development goals in the VUCA world” for our 2021 conference.
Main Topics of this event:
- Use of methods in the development and validation of conventional and electrified propulsion technology
- Digitalization, virtualization and simulation
- Connectivity of the various components in the vehicle and of the vehicle with the environment as well as automated and/or autonomous driving with driver assistance systems
- Discussion of methods from the practical side of vehicle and powertrain development
- Best practices from system development, testing, calibration, modeling and optimization